Truly Honey Nut Puff Cereal
Looking for an easy from scratch breakfast cereal? Here's a quick and scrumptious honey nut cereal made with our local organic honey! This delicious homemade cereal pairs perfect with our English Breakfast tea.
Here's what you'll need:
- 4 1/2 cups puffed rice
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 1/4 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/3 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 tbsp. & 1 tsp. unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup Truly Teas organic honey
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large glass bowl, combine the puffed rice, almonds, turmeric, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a small pot, stirring occasionally, heat the brown sugar, butter and honey, until there are steady large bubbles. (1-2 mins)
- Remove the small pot from the heat and whisk in the baking soda. Immediately pour the mixture over the dry ingredients and stir well. Make sure to mix thoroughly to prevent any ingredients from falling to the bottom of the bowl.
- Spread mixture on to you lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 mins, while stirring halfway through. Allow the mixture to cool completely at room temp.
- After the mixture has cooled break into pieces and store it into an air tight container.
- You can easily add our locally sourced honey to your cart by clicking the link below.
Serve with your choice of non dairy substitute, milk, yogurt, or alone.